Saturday 26 January 2013

Red Bowl

It's been a bit of a week of eating out this week.  I headed out to the Court Theatre last night and my friend and I decided to have a quick bite to eat before the show.

Located in Mandeville Street, with plenty of off-street parking, Red Bowl offers Chinese dining in a big airy light restaurant.   The service was friendly and efficient, and even though we had an early booking (5.45pm) it had a few tables already - by the time we left it was quite busy, always a good sign.

We decided to share an entree of spring rolls - beautifully cooked.  What I liked were they weren't the large spring rolls, nor the tiny ones - a good in-between size, so that 3 each were sufficient.

My friend ordered the Lamb & Coriander and I ordered the Hot & Spicy Chicken & Vegetables.  The spice on this was medium, which was good as my friend doesn't enjoy hot food, but was able to share it.  The Lamb & Coriander was sublime.  Both options just lovely and went well with the Rose wine we had brought along (BYO licence).

We were offered doggy bags, but as we were going to be out for 3 hours decided we had better leave our leftovers this time.

Very affordable - we had an Entertainment Book voucher and it came to $38 so a very cheap and cheerful outing indeed. Would recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment