Wednesday 16 January 2013

Cortado!

Not an official report, but I headed out to dinner at Cortado, Somerfield St, Beckenham last night for a friend's birthday.

Cortado offer a great range of food on the menu, from pizzas and pastas, steaks, and a fare range of seafood too.  My friend had the seafood platter (for 1) and it looked amazing, even to me a non-seafood eater!  She said it was beautiful too.  Others ordered soup of the day, caesar salad, fish of the day, seafood marinara, and steak.  Because I had been there before, I knew the size of the mains is pretty substantial and had my eye on dessert (prior knowledge is sometimes key!).  I ordered Risotto Balls and a salad - two entrees, as my main.  Lovely crisp outer to a creamy risotto with a lovely herb & cheese sauce.  mmm.

Dessert... well.  "Dulche de Leche" is the key here.  I had another attempt at the Limenian Sigh which is basically caramel with a meringue.  The first time I went to Cortado I could not complete it, and the challenge had been set!  This time I managed all but four spoonfuls (which were for others to taste) so a pretty good effort, and my friend had the ice-cream sundae with the Dulce de Leche.  Interestingly the sauce on the sundae was quite different to the one in my dessert.  I definitely think the Limenian Sigh would benefit from ice-cream rather than the meringue as it somehow softened it... but by golly it was good, and the glass was scraped clean!

Prices are all reasonable and the service was very friendly and efficient.  It can get busy late in the week and a bit noisy, but is definitely worth booking a table.


No comments:

Post a Comment